Saturday, September 6, 2014

Green Juice

My friend Kelli introduced me to a new way of making green juice this spring and I am completely hooked. This method is super easy. I also love that I only use a fraction of the food I would use to make a green juice in my juicer.  I love juices and swear that is how our family managed to stay so healthy last winter despite entering the school world and being exposed to so many germs.

I make this in a vitamix so I don't know how well it would do in an average blender or food processor but if anyone tries that out please leave a comment as to how it turned out.

The juice is a simple as this:
1)  Add a handful of greens (kale, spinach, beet greens, cilantro, parsley, mint (or any combo) ,...),  2 stalks of celery, 1 cucumber, 1/2 peeled lemon to a blender.  Fill the rest of the blender with water.  A couple drops of liquid stevia is a nice addition. Blend for around 1 minute.


2) Once the mixture is blended well poor it into jars. There is a foam that forms on top so as I poor the juice into the jars I use a spoon at the blender spout to prevent the foam entering the jars.  I end up with 2 quart jars and a pint jar of green juice. That is a ton of juice!!
 I LOVE this juice,  It is my "go-to" on those sluggish afternoons when I just don't know how I will possibly make it the rest of the day.  I always feel so much better and vibrant after drinking this juice. It is also fairly filling.  My husband recently remarked how much "fuller" he felt after drinking this vs. our normal juices. Yes! Yes! The fiber of the produce stays in the juice so there is more of a satiety factor. It is also super cost effective. Juicing can be so expensive because of all the produce that goes into one little glass of juice.  This is just simply fantastic all the way around.

Cheers to good juice and good health!!



No comments:

Post a Comment