Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (GF, DF)

Well hello friends! It's been awhile since I've posted on the blog.  This summer our family was blessed to welcome our third little girl into our tribe.  She's been so sweet and snuggly and I am just soaking up all that snuggly goodness.  Not to mention the nine months preceding her birth were quite a whirlwind of an experience.  I was so sick for the majority of my pregnancy and one of the last things on my mind was creative cooking or really cooking at all. Now I feel like we are settling into a rhythm and all of a sudden I have my love of cooking returning.

I have been neglecting the actual blog a bit, but I tend to post more on the Pint Sized Foodies Facebook page because I can post from my phone while I am in the cooking process.  So if you haven't already please like Pint Sized Foodies on Facebook.

I want to share with you a muffin recipe I made this weekend that was a hit around our house. I must admit that I ate several of these today. They were just so good.  I actually made these muffins to leave in a freezer at my daughter's school for a dairy free treat on a "birthday treat" day.  That is if we have any left in a couple days!

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

 2 1/2 cups GF flour [I used a mix of sorghum, tapioca, oat, and buckwheat]
 1/4 cup cocoa
 3/4 cup coconut sugar [or other sugar option]
 2 tsp baking powder
 1 tsp baking soda
 1/2 tsp sea salt
 
2 chia eggs [1 TBS Chia seed to 3TBS water=1 chia egg]

1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup non-dairy milk

1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup chocolate chips



Mix all dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Add the two mixes together. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Enjoy!

***A few extra thoughts......

*Regular wheat flour can be used if you aren't concerned with Gluten Free
*Other granulated sugar can be used.  I rarely use any granulated sugar but when I do I like to use coconut sugar. 
*Eggs can be used instead of chia eggs
*I like the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips b/c they are dairy free

No comments:

Post a Comment