Monday, May 19, 2014

Mango Salsa

Mango Salsa.  Not much needs to be said about this delicious salsa.  I love tossing it on quesadillas, tacos, nachos, or just eating it with some delicious chips.  My girls love this salsa and will pretty much eat anything that it is on.
I have been buying organic frozen mango at Costco.  I love buying frozen mango because it makes the prep for this salsa so much easier.  I love a good fresh mango but I really despise peeling them.  Frozen mango makes that job so much easier.  I toss some frozen mango in the toaster over or on the stove for a few minutes to thaw.  Then I add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor.  I just do it by sight because it really depends on how much I need.  I have made little batches to be a light topping on a meal and bigger batches to serve as it's own salsa dip for a party.  The following is what you will need and then you chop or let the food processor chop away.  It's simple and easy.  If you are the type of person that needs a recipe or exact measurements,
creating something in this way might just be good for you.  You can thank me for that challenge later.

Mango Salsa

Mango 
Tomato(s)
Red Onion
Cilantro
Salt 
Lime (I squeeze a bit of the juice in the salsa)


1 comment:

  1. Yum. I'll have to try this one too. My Mango Salsa recipe doesn't contain tomatoes, but uses Red and Orange pepper, jicama, and jalapeno (it does use cilantro, red onion and lime though). I too hated to peel mango, but I have fallen in love with the mango slicer from Pampered Chef (no I don't sell it so this isn't a shameless plug). :) After I have cute it, I use their (PC's) avocado knife to just slice the mango away from the peel. It is quick and simple when I want fresh mango. I still buy the frozen for smoothies and such, but hadn't ever tried frozen for salsa. It is probably still way easier than my method, but since I already own the tools, it works for me. Looking forward to trying your version too.

    ReplyDelete