Thursday, November 21, 2013

Broccoli Bisque (vegan)

I rediscovered an old favorite soup recipe today.  I will cut right to the chase.  I don't know about you, but  I often find my self scrolling through blog posts just to get to the recipe.  So I won't go on any long tangents and just get right to the soup goodness.
 I hope you enjoy this hearty, filling, delicious soup. Cheers to warm soups as the chilly winter settles in!

Broccoli Bisque (Vegan)
**adapted from "Vegan World Fusion Cuisine"

5 cups veggie stock
3 1/2 cups broccoli
1 onion
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
3 cloves garlic
1 TBS Herbamere seasoning (optional)
sea salt (to taste)
dill (to taste)
 
Lightly sauté onions and garlic.   Add stock and broccoli.  Allow to cook until broccoli is soft, about 10-15 minutes.  Remove from heat to cool.  Once cool add everything to blender and puree. (I have done this in the past with just a regular blender). 

A couple 
extra thoughts....
*I just pulled out some frozen broccoli for this but fresh could work as well.  I would use the broccoli stems as well.
*If you plan ahead, soak the cashews which makes them easier to blend and digest, especially if you don't have a high power blender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment